Sunday, January 12, 2014

Wonderful News!

Adoption is such a strange journey.  There are so many highs and lows.  Sometimes it feels like we will never get our girl home.......but we have to have faith and keep moving forward.  Today was an amazing day.  I was feeling kind of low....fighting off a cold that my generous son shared with me.  I was on Facebook when my amazing friend Jen messaged me and said that there was a family that wanted to give us a matching grant!!!  This was such an amazing pick me up to my spirits.  This awesome family doesn't even know us......isn't that unbelievable!!  We are so grateful to them, Jen and all of you who have helped us in our journey!


So we have passed our article 5 interview (ok honestly I have no idea what this is, but it is part of the process)  Our dossier was submitted to our sweet girls country for the next step.  Now it gets bounced around getting signatures from two different locations.  Once those are complete we will get a court date.  Our amazing lawyer Toni will represent us in court.  That is a really important day because after court she will legally be a Mayr.  We are hoping to get a court date soon.   This has been quite a marathon but we are nearing the finish.  Well, then we start a whole new journey of getting our girl here, helping her become comfortable with us, her new family.  We are excited to get to that point.  Once again, thank you so much for all of your love and support!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment